Friday, April 4, 2014

Booger Blues

Third had just finished lunch and I was wiping him off with a damp washcloth. He was recovering from a cold and in the process of cleaning him, I wiped a large green booger out of his nose. I folded the washcloth in half and then in half again to cover the booger and continued cleaning him up. When he was squeaky clean, I released him from his high chair and sent him off the play. Then I took the washcloth to the counter and got a tissue. I wanted to get the booger off the washcloth so that it wouldn't end up in my laundry.

The booger was gone.

I checked both sides of the washcloth and couldn't find it. So I decided that it was have gotten wiped back onto my baby somehow. I caught him and looked him over, checking his face and hands for the booger. No booger. Odd. But I assumed that it had dissolved on the washcloth because of the moisture.

Some time later I felt a slight tickling itch on my face. I reached with my left hand to scratch it and felt something sticky and slightly squishy. It stuck to my hand as I pulled it away.

THE BOOGER!!!!

I have no idea how it transferred from the washcloth to me. I squealed and frantically washed my hands and face. The squeamish feeling didn't leave for a long time and even though I had thoroughly washed, I kept trying to rub the feeling of the booger off my face. It was pretty horrible and only became funny later.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing more horrific than someone else's boogers.... ick.
    My Dad, your Grandpa, used to chew tobacco and kept a small coffee can in his vehicle to spit in, just like HIS Daddy did. Once or twice a year the can would be toppled by a hard turn or bad bump and you talk about disgusting....... I guess he emptied it occasionally but it seemed almost full most of the time in my memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erp... That is horrific. I remember his coffee cans in the house. They were bad enough.

      Delete