Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Married Life: Sharing Toothbrushes

While I was in the shower washing my hair, my man was brushing his teeth at the bathroom sink. He said, "Honey, if I accidentally used your toothbrush to brush my teeth, would you want me to tell you?"

Unable to see him and thinking that he must currently be using my toothbrush, I said, "Yes. Did you?" I figured I would just get a new toothbrush when I got out of the shower.

He sounded slightly sheepish when he answered. "Yes. Like a week and a half ago."

"WHAT? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I was never, ever going to tell you," he confessed. "I didn't realize until I had finished. I rinsed it really, really good. REALLY good! I think it was dark."

Meanwhile, I am laughing and gagging in the shower. "Gross!"

After I got out of the shower, I stood at the sink, staring at my fouled toothbrush. A moment of hesitation later, I grabbed it and began brushing. What the heck? There was no point in getting a new toothbrush after a week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment