Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I Must Have Subconsciously Wanted to Wear Blue

After another late night out in a long string of late nights, I woke up feeling groggy. Washing my face and brushing my teeth in the bathroom did little to dispel my exhaustion. And no matter what time morning happens to come, I am not a morning person. The supreme desire of my heart is always to roll back into bed and go to sleep again. But it was Tuesday and I had to get JayJay to school. His school does not have a bus system, so I have to drive him to school every morning. Ugh.

Back in my bedroom, I pulled on some jeans and then headed toward the closet to pick out a shirt. As I approached, I saw a top I hadn't worn for a while and decided to wear it. The shirt was magenta, short-sleeved, with a scooped neckline.  Beneath the magenta shirt was sewn in a white, long-sleeved, scoop-necked shirt with thin, curly-cued magenta lines all over it. Together they made a pretty cute layered look.

After making my choice, I reached the closet, tugged the shirt off the hangar, and slipped it on over my head. As I pulled the hem down to my hips, I glanced down to check my attire.

I was wearing a turquoise blue, short-sleeved, v-neck shirt.

Shock jolted through me. What the heck?!

Somehow, between choosing what shirt to wear and actually getting the shirt on, my brain completely blanked out, as thoroughly as if I had gone back to sleep. I have no memory of doing anything between choosing the shirt I wanted to wear and actually having a shirt on.

I think I better start getting a little more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment